Are you in search for a credit card?
Everyone has unique needs so make sure your credit card is one that works best for you.
07:33 10 September 2013
The next time you wonder about applying for a credit card, think of a few of these helpful hints to make sure you get a deal that works for you and your lifestyle. It might sound strange, but different credit cards may not be right for one person, while they are perfect for someone else. Here are a few tips:
- If you travel frequently you may want to compare credit cards that offer rewards with airline companies. Every time you spend money on your card you’ll collect points which you can then redeem towards flight tickets.
- If you are not much of a traveller, you might want to look for a credit card that allows you to collect points which could be used towards grocery purchases. If you usually pay off the amount you spend on your credit cards, this is like getting free groceries just because you used a certain credit card.
- You may purchase many things for a business, which means you might need a higher credit limit. There are credit cards which cater to those needs, but you typically have a shorter amount of time to pay off the balance.
- Low credit ratings may mean that you won’t get special deals, but if you are able to get a credit card and make payments on time, it can actually help improve your credit rating as long as nothing else negative happens.
- If you are looking to reduce and eliminate debt you might want to look for credit cards offering inexpensive balance transfers with a better rate than some of your existing loans. Transferring a balance to a credit card with better rates can reduce the amount you will pay each month, and over the life of the debt.
- If you don’t use credit cards all that often, you will want to pick one with the best interest rate and the fewest fees.