Choosing a credit card: refer to comparison tables
Before choosing a credit card, check out several credit card comparison tables; compare each table to find the best offers.
09:09 02 October 2013
Comparison websites provide information about the different competitive credit cards available. Here, you will have a better understanding of what certain cards offer so you may gauge whether their offer is what you are looking for.
Credit card comparison tables show information to help you arrive to a decision which card suits your needs. The information in a credit card comparison table will include:
- The APR or annual percentage rate. APR charges differ from card to card as well depending on what you use them for, be it for purchases that you make, or cash withdrawal or balance transfer. On what you use them for it is for purchases that you will make, balance transfer and more.
- Offers for any 0% interest within a certain period on purchases you will make on the card as well as any promos for 0% interest within a particular period on balances to be transferred from another card
- the transaction fee for balance transfer you have from another card(s) onto the card
- any renewal fee for the card
- any rewards promos for the card such as cash back and loyalty points
- any qualifying requirements to be approved for the card – a yearly compensation of not lower than £15,000
Such information will give you an idea as to which card will you are most likely approved as well as which credit card will suit you best according to your needs. Though these tables may be helpful, not all comparison websites show the best available. This is due to the fact that some providers pay comparison websites to feature their cards and others simply do not. So it is best to look out for several comparison websites and compare their featured cards and their offers.